Articles tagged with ‘David Beckham’

David and Victoria Beckham Spend Mega Bucks on Rural Retreat!

Posted on September 28th, 2017 at 8:34 am by    

David and Victoria Beckham – the showbiz power couple known as ‘Posh & Becks’ are constructing a two-tiered rural retreat outdoor space at their new $7.5 million dollars (£6 million pounds) Oxfordshire home.

The pair are spending thousands building an intruder-proof fortress garden in the grounds of the mansion in south-west England, forking out plenty of cash on their orchard, which will feature 23 different types of tree.

The Beckhams will hire a team of gardeners who will spend three days a week looking after the trees, including nine apple trees, eight cherry trees, and a plum tree, which could be ideal if their celebrity chef pal Gordon Ramsay fancied popping round to cook up an apple crumble.

According to Mail Online, the Landscape Design Statement says: “The proposed planting design aims to tie in with the surrounding landscape, using many native wildflowers interspersed amongst grasses… the materials used across the site will be sensitive to the heritage nature of the property, reflective of what is on site and in the surrounding vernacular.”

Beckham is known for his ball skills having previously captained the England soccer side, but he will be able to practice a whole new ball game soon because he has been granted planning permission for a 60ft croquet lawn.

What’s more, the Beckhams’ outdoor space will feature two vegetable patches and a natural swimming pool within a courtyard to ensure it will not be spotted from the road.

Marcus Barnett, a Chelsea Flower Show-winning gardener, has been enlisted to transform the plush pad’s outside area.

He will create two gardens, one containing wild grass surrounded by a massive hedge and another where the natural pool will live.

The outdoor space will no doubt go down well with the Beckhams’ kids, Brooklyn, 18, Romeo, 15, Cruz, 12, and six-year-old Harper, who have been known to enjoy a game of football now and then.

Oo-er!

Share Button

Victoria Beckham in Tears Over Son Brooklyn Leaving for College!

Posted on August 24th, 2017 at 7:33 am by    

Victoria and David Beckham’s son Brooklyn is leaving the UK and heading for the US. The former Spice Girl penned an emotional Instagram tribute in honor of her eldest child, who is flew the coup for his first year of college in New York City last Friday.

In the touching post, fashion designer Victoria, 43, looks teary-eyed as she cuddles close to the 18-year-old model. “We are all so proud of you Brooklyn,” the proud mom captioned the snap.

She added: “Amazing A level results and off to college. We love you so much and will miss you. #yesiamcrying #emotional.”

The budding fashion photographer, whose first photography book, What I See, was published this summer, will study photography on scholarship at Parsons School of Design.

Victoria was not the only Beckham to get emotional. Brooklyn’s 14-year-old brother, Romeo, also shared a touching tribute of his own.

“Brooklyn, I am going to miss u sooooo much xx I am so proud of you and can’t believe you have come this far! Good luck in New York! And we’ll done with your A levels xxx❤️❤️” he wrote alongside a pic of himself hanging out with Brooklyn at the Museum of Ice cream.

In August, Brooklyn opened up to GQ magazine about his move to the Big Apple.

“I’m nervous, and my mum’s upset about me leaving,” he revealed to the publication, “but it’s really exciting. I kind of live in the moment.

I don’t think people in New York will annoy me, and I feel like when I go there, I’ll meet lifelong friends. Stuff like that.”

In the interview, it was revealed that Brooklyn’s father, David, 42, gave him his first camera at 14, and his mother pushed him into the fashion scene.

“I do backstage photography at my mum’s shows, and I mean, I love doing it—but my mum’s like, ‘Go take pictures of the models!’ and I’m a bit shy,” Brooklyn said.

He added: “So I kind of have to get the first two out of the way, and then I’m used to it.” 

Be a trendsetter! Download the Us Weekly app to get celeb fashion, beauty tips and more delivered directly to your iPhone.

Share Button

Brooklyn Beckham: ‘My life’s so tough…Fame has ‘ups and downs’!

Posted on August 2nd, 2017 at 3:42 pm by    

Brooklyn Beckham says fame has its “ups and downs”.

The eldest son of millionaire power couple David and Victoria Beckham moaned that it has been hard to be a normal 18-year-old because he is so well-known. Oo-er!

Speaking to US website Entertainment Tonight, aspiring photographer said: “Fame has its ups and downs. I get opportunities most people my age don’t get. But I can’t do what most 18-year-olds do.

“I can’t go out partying all the time, I have to work and get up early.”

Brooklyn – who published his first book of photography earlier this year – also spoke of the pressure on him to follow in his dad’s footsteps on the soccer pitch.

And he revealed he had a hard time as an Arsenal Academy player and said: “Every time I made a mistake everyone was looking at me like, ‘Oh my God, like, he made a mistake’.”

Young Beckham is now planning to take a bite out of the Big Apple to focus on his photography – and though he’s a “little” nervous about living on his own, the talented teen says his famous parents have spent his lifetime doing prep work.

“My dad’s always taught me how to do stuff on my own,” he told PEOPLE magaizne this week’s.

Beckham’s first photography book – What I See – is currently available on shelves, but he’s still working on perfecting his craft. In fact, photography school is the impetus behind Beckham’s move to New York City in just two weeks.

“I’m studying art and photography, like film and digital – a mix of both,” the 18-year-old shares. “I’m really excited to start and I feel like it’ll be a really cool thing for me to focus on for a few years.”

Despite a “tough time” with his public life, Brooklyn bagged his first fashion shoot at just 16 – an entire ad campaign for Burberry.

He appears to crave fame just like his mommy and daddy… Just sayin’!

Share Button

Charlie Hunnam: “David Beckham Did a Good Job in King Arthur”!

Posted on May 11th, 2017 at 7:17 am by    

There’s nothing like being complimented by a star…

After receiving some flack already for his role on the big screen – not least from frenemy Piers MorganDavid Beckham has finally been given the thumbs up on his acting skills for his short cameo in the new movie King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword.

The film, directed by his mate Guy Ritchie, was only a few seconds of footage, but Becks he still managed to pick up a fair dose of criticism.

But now star of the movie Charlie Hunnam has defended the football legend’s skills, saying David worked hard for the role, having even had training beforehand.

Charlie even suggested the 42-year-old was good enough to give acting a real go if he wanted.

Speaking to ITV on the red carpet for the premiere of the film, Charlie said: ‘He’d worked with an acting coach, he was only there as a friend of Guy’s but it became very clear how he’s enjoyed so much success in his life. He’s a perfectionist.

‘I was really impressed.’

Asked if he thought David could take things further, Charlie added: ‘He has the talent to back it up. He has the work ethic, the discipline to do it.’

His pal Guy added his thoughts on Becks’ acting career too: ‘He was fantastic, I love old Becksy.

‘He is a fabulous actor and a real pleasure to be with.’

David is pretty proud of the role, and took to Instagram to give fans a look at what went on behind the scenes to transform him into the gruesome Trigger.  A lot of make up and some dodgy teeth, by the looks of things.

He wrote: ‘It was a pleasure to work with the @kingarthurmovie team on such an amazing film #KingArthur.’

Hunnam stars as King Arthur with Jude Law, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey, Djimon Hounsou, and Eric Bana co-starring.

King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword hits cinemas worldwide on May 12 2017.

Share Button

David Beckham Shares a Snap of His Birthday Dinner!

Posted on May 3rd, 2017 at 7:04 am by    

I’m not one to question the ways of David Beckham. He’s a legend, no doubt about it, so I say this with the utmost respect:

What’s going on ‘ere then?

While it’s nice to see even celebrities get to eat whatever they want on their big day, the meal is certainly an interesting concoction. Oo-Urgh!

Golden Balls celebrated his 43rd Birthday on Tuesday, and it looked like a rather joyous affair.

But then, on his Instagram story, the former England captain revealed his celebratory birthday feast. By the looks of the picture below, it includes eggs, pineapple, cole slaw, mushy peas, baked beans, bacon and french fries all cosied up next to each other into a big sloppy, albeit colourful plate. Yuck!

Even worse, he then captioned the snap: “Dinner of choice”, accompanied by a heart emoji. 

Meanwhile, wife Victoria posted an image herself, this time slightly more traditional, with David contently looking into the camera with a slice of cake in front of him.

She captioned the image: “Happy birthday @davidbeckham we all love u so much x #specialday! X VB”

But it was Golden Balls’ earlier dinner that set tongues wagging.

One social media user wrote: “How random was David Beckham’s birthday tea? He could have eaten any meal in the entire world and this is what he chose!”

Another said: “Thought David Beckham could do no wrong. His birthday meal of choice included; coleslaw, mushy peas AND beans.”

One user even claimed: “I love David Beckham but my god that dinner he put up on Instagram today…

“@GordonRamsay tell your mate to stop it. So many problems.”

Really, really gross if you ask me. Come on, Becks. You deserve better than that ol’ mess of a meal.

Share Button

Now That’s Really Posh… Victoria Beckham Receives OBE!

Posted on April 19th, 2017 at 6:49 am by    

Former Spice Girls singer Victoria Beckham has received an OBE from the Duke of Cambridge for services to the fashion industry.

Victoria, who was joined by her husband David Beckham and her parents for the investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, was recognised for her 17-year career.

The sultry star wore an all-black outfit for the investiture ceremony, pairing a black top with a long draping skirt and matching high-heeled stilettos.

After her OBE was pinned to her jumper by Prince William, Victoria allowed herself to grin as she talked with the Prince.

Before she collected her award, Victoria appeared a little nervous upon arrival.

The 43-year-old looked rather downcast as she sat in a car alongside David and her mum.

The Beckhams have been close to the royals for many years now, thanks to David’s charity sports work.

The couple even attended Wills’ wedding to Kate Middleton in 2011, when Victoria was pregnant with youngest child Harper.

In a speech afterwards, she said: “It was an absolute pleasure to be at Buckingham Palace today. I’m proud to be British, honoured and humbled to receive my OBE from the Duke of Cambridge.

“If you dream big and work hard you can accomplish great things.

“I’m so happy to share this very special occasion with my parents and husband; without their love and support, none of this would be possible.”

The Spice Girl turned fashion designer – who is mum to four kids – has said that rather than having a huge circle of friends, she surrounds herself with just the people she genuinely enjoys spending time with, including her family.

“I’m very close to my sister and a friend I went to school with, and then three or four others. I think a true friend understands that you can’t see them as much as you might want, because they’re busy as well.

“Everyone I’m friends with has a career and a family.”

She broke news of her OBE to kids Brooklyn, 17, Romeo, 14, Cruz, 11, and Harper, five, on a festive break in the Maldives.

Friends of the fashion designer said she was “delighted and humbled for the recognition”.

Oo-er!

Share Button

David Beckham Shocks Fans With Facial Scars and Rotting Teeth!

Posted on March 29th, 2017 at 7:54 am by    

David Beckham shocked his army of loyal fans earlier this week after posting a picture of his face showing deep jagged facial scars from his temple to his cheek and a set of rotting teeth. Oo-er!

Showing off his new teeth in the pic, the 41-year-old heartthrob famous for his good looks snarled away from the camera, clearly impressed with the lairy look.

He captioned the shot: “Rough day at the office @kingarthurmovie @guyritchie,” the father of four wrote of the snap, revealing massive makeup scarring on the side of his face, as well as a yellowing smile.

According to reports, the star will play a disgruntled knight who is unable to pull Excalibur from the stone.

The former soccer star turned actor debuted his drastic transformation for Guy Ritchie‘s upcoming film “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.”

Set to be released on May 22, “King Arthur” stars “Sons of Anarchy” alum Charlie Hunnam in the titular role and Jude Law as Ritchie recreates the classic tale for Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur. 

Beckham previously appeared in 2015’s “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.”

But the star previously admitted he’s expecting criticism over the role.

“I am very aware that many sportsmen and other celebrities have turned their hand to acting and failed,” he told the Times.

Details surrounding Beckham’s cameo are still unknown.

Share Button

Victoria Beckham: ‘I Have Very, Very Big Plans for Global Expansion’!

Posted on March 8th, 2017 at 5:41 pm by    

Style icon Victoria Beckham is going global!

The celebrated Fashion designer spoke to Handelsblatt Magazine in one of her rare interviews about her plans to make it even bigger in the fashion biz…

This year the former Spice Girl was awarded the OBE (‘Order of the British Empire’) by Queen Elizabeth II and now says she is on track for massive worldwide expansion. Oo-er!  

Beckham, 42, won a British Fashion Award as designer brand of the year in 2011, manages her brand in a partnership with her husband, the former soccer star David Beckham and British music manager Simon Fuller, told Handelsblatt: I do want this company to be big.I have very, very big plans regarding my business, obviously the last few years and now is the time for investment.

“So as we are a group we need to take my brand to the next level together. We are having to invest.”

She said: “My priority is to take the brand and the team to the next level. There are lots of things I want to do.” In particular,Germany is “a very, very important market” for her.  

“It always has been. Even with the Spice Girls, Germany was always a very important market. Unfortunately it is one of those countries I don’t really get the opportunity to go to often enough.

Victoria, who recently broke into the U.S. market, announced the cooperation of her brand with U.S. cosmetic giant Esteé Lauder. And she is also launching her own less expensive designer clothes range in collaboration with U.S. budget fashion retailer Target, “which is something I wanted to do for a long time.”

“So I am reaching women in America that can either not afford designer prices or don’t want to  pay designer prices.

“So again that’s a new customer that will come on board. So I would say that more and more different customer types joining the gang,if you like,” she said.

“The fashion brand, even though it has my name on it, is owned jointly David, Simon and me – likewise with David’s brand.

“Regarding my business, now is the time for investment. As we are a group we need to take my brand to the next level together. So we are having to invest.”

Looking to the future, would Mrs. Becks be prepared to hand over responsibility for her label at some point? “We’re not for sale. As I said, as a shareholder with David and Simon, we’ll continually evaluate the best strategic direction.”

Share Button