Original Bananarama Line-up Reunite After 29 years!

Posted on April 26th, 2017 at 6:49 am by    

We heard a rumour – and, for once, it turned out to be true: the original line-up of Bananarama have reunited.

The trio, Sara Dallin, Siobhan Fahey and Keren Woodward were the biggest girl band of the 80s, scoring hits including Venus, Shy Boy and Love In The First Degree.

Although they scored 10 top 10 hits, the trio never toured before Fahey quit to form Shakespears Sister in 1988.

The split was acrimonious, but the members recently reconciled and have announced a 15-date UK tour for winter. Oo-er!

So why now? Well, the group told The Sun that it was actually the passing of music legend George Michael that inspired them to get the group back together.

Keren told the tabloid: “It was so shocking. Horrific. I remember the moment I found out, in a phone call from another close friend on Christmas Day.

“He was such a huge part of our lives. George’s death was the instigating factor really for saying yes to doing this now.” 

“Before George’s death the fact my cousin had passed away had already got me thinking along those lines too – the fact that they were both around my age, that just makes you think ‘Life’s too bloody short’,” she continued.

“You’ve got to do whatever you can, you don’t know what’s going to happen, and all those things made me think ‘It’s now or never’.”

Keren was close to both boys from Wham!, having been married to Andrew Ridgeley for 25 years and calling George “our best friend from the era”. 

Formed in 1979, the band took their name from two of their biggest inspirations: the Roxy Music song Pyjamarama and kids TV show The Banana Splits.

They got their first taste of chart success by providing backing vocals for the Fun Boy Three on the single It Ain’t What You Do, It’s the Way You Do It.

A couple of months later, Fun Boy Three returned the favour for Really Sayin’ Somethin, a cover of the 1965 Velvelettes song that was the first of Bananarama’s 26 UK chart smashes.

They went on to sell more than 40 million records, with their biggest-sellers including Robert De Niro’s Waiting, Cruel Summer and I Heard A Rumour.

After establishing themselves as a self-made band, they hitched their wagon to Stock Aitken Waterman‘s “hit factory” for the 1987 album, Wow.

The newly-reunited Bananarama have signed a deal with record label Fascination, who are the people behind Steps’ glittery, trend-defying comeback. We’re very excited.

And so am I girls… So am I! 

Tom Hardy Becomes Real-Life Superhero in Hollywood-Style Chase!

Posted on April 26th, 2017 at 6:44 am by    

It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s…Tom Hardy?

This weekend, witnesses claimed to have seen British star Hardy chase down two teenagers who were running away from a crash scene involving a stolen motorcycle. Oo-er!

According to witnesses, Tom “switched into superhero mode” and ran through gardens chasing after the motorcycle driver. “Tom must have been walking down the road. He went off like a shot in pursuit and looked furious,” a witness told The Sun after seeing the teenagers run a red light and crash into a $50,000 Mercedes. 

According to the witness, once the pursuit came to a halt, Tom said, “I caught the c–t.” Tom later yelled, “This little s–t nicked something and now he’s got himself a ­broken leg.”

Scotland Yard did not mention Tom or a chase, but in a statement Tuesday, a spokesperson confirmed that “the rider of the motorcycle was detained by a member of the public in Church Road and then arrested by officers on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and being disqualified from driving.” The other boy was detained nearby by the police.

The two 16-year olds not only suffered injuries, but were also arrested. They have since been released.

Tom, a movie star known for his roles in action films like Mad Max: Fury Road, The Revenant and The Dark Knight Rises, has yet to comment on the Hollywood-style chase.

Singer Harry Styles Opens Up About Famous Flings in Rolling Stone!

Posted on April 19th, 2017 at 7:12 am by    

In his first Rolling Stone profile as a solo artist, Harry Styles opened up about his new music, his future, and how he cant seem to get away from those Taylor Swift songs that may be about him.

But the only moment that really stood out to was his action, not his words, when Swift came up in conversation.

“I gotta pee first. This might be a long one,” Styles said. He reportedly left the table and added, “Actually, you can say, ‘He went for a pee and never came back.'”

Styles briefly dated Swift in 2012, and the country star later released two songs, “Style” and “Out of the Woods,” with lyrics that are perhaps too obviously about Styles.

“I mean, I don’t know if they’re about me or not,” he said, “but the issue is, she’s so good, they’re bloody everywhere.”

He also touched on their blossoming but short-lived relationship, saying it was all a real learning experience.

“In writing songs about stuff like that, I like tipping a hat to the time together,” he said. “You’re celebrating the fact it was powerful and made you feel something, rather than, ‘This didn’t work out, and that’s bad.’

“And if you run into that person, maybe it’s awkward, maybe you have to get drunk … but you shared something. Meeting someone new, sharing those experiences, it’s the best s— ever. So thank you.”

The former One Direction singer is set to release his first solo album on May 12. The first single, Sign of the Times, was a surprise for many “One D” fans who noted the singer stray away from the former bands pop-style to a more raw, David-Bowie-meets-Queen sound.

Styles noted that when he and Swift her photographed together in Central Park, he had an eye-opening realization about what happens when you mix romance with fame.

“When I see photos from that day, I think, ‘Relationships are hard, at any age,” Styles said.

“And adding in that you don’t really understand exactly how it works when you’re 18, trying to navigate all that stuff didn’t make it easier.

“I mean, you’re a little bit awkward to begin with. You’re on a date with someone you really like. It should be that simple, right? It was a learning experience for sure. But at the heart of it – I just wanted it to be a normal date.”

Oo-er ‘arry… Oo-er!

Now That’s Really Posh… Victoria Beckham Receives OBE!

Posted on April 19th, 2017 at 6:49 am by    

Former Spice Girls singer Victoria Beckham has received an OBE from the Duke of Cambridge for services to the fashion industry.

Victoria, who was joined by her husband David Beckham and her parents for the investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, was recognised for her 17-year career.

The sultry star wore an all-black outfit for the investiture ceremony, pairing a black top with a long draping skirt and matching high-heeled stilettos.

After her OBE was pinned to her jumper by Prince William, Victoria allowed herself to grin as she talked with the Prince.

Before she collected her award, Victoria appeared a little nervous upon arrival.

The 43-year-old looked rather downcast as she sat in a car alongside David and her mum.

The Beckhams have been close to the royals for many years now, thanks to David’s charity sports work.

The couple even attended Wills’ wedding to Kate Middleton in 2011, when Victoria was pregnant with youngest child Harper.

In a speech afterwards, she said: “It was an absolute pleasure to be at Buckingham Palace today. I’m proud to be British, honoured and humbled to receive my OBE from the Duke of Cambridge.

“If you dream big and work hard you can accomplish great things.

“I’m so happy to share this very special occasion with my parents and husband; without their love and support, none of this would be possible.”

The Spice Girl turned fashion designer – who is mum to four kids – has said that rather than having a huge circle of friends, she surrounds herself with just the people she genuinely enjoys spending time with, including her family.

“I’m very close to my sister and a friend I went to school with, and then three or four others. I think a true friend understands that you can’t see them as much as you might want, because they’re busy as well.

“Everyone I’m friends with has a career and a family.”

She broke news of her OBE to kids Brooklyn, 17, Romeo, 14, Cruz, 11, and Harper, five, on a festive break in the Maldives.

Friends of the fashion designer said she was “delighted and humbled for the recognition”.

Oo-er!

Getting steamy! Lady Victoria Hervey Braves the Chill at Iceland’s Blue Lagoon!

Posted on April 5th, 2017 at 8:19 am by    

Lady Victoria Hervey braved the cold in Iceland earlier this week to take a dip in a bikini.

The model and socialite has been spending time in the chilly country to take part in a series fashion shoots and runway shows.

But the work had obviously taken its toll, as she clearly needed some down time opting for a spa day.

After hitting the catwalk for the RFF Reykjavik Fashion Festival for clothing label InKLaw, the 40-year-old LA based Brit headed for the country’s famous Blue Lagoon.

Despite the cold air, the therapeutic geothermal spa helped keep Lady Victoria warm, as she slipped out of her toweled white robe to take a dip in a grey snake print bikini.

This one was as skimpy as ever, and showcased her slim physique, flat stomach and toned pins.

Made in a taupe colour, the top half was joined in the middle, underneath her bust, with a gold ring feature.

Stepping into the water, she showed off her  with her flat stomach and toned limbs on full display for her fellow bathers.

After taking a dip, Lady Victoria made a quick dash for her white robe to get warm again as she continued with her day of relaxation.

I reckon Lady V looks rather hot in the cold… (smirk).

‘He’s too smug’…Tom Hiddleston Ruled Out as next James Bond by Bosses!

Posted on April 5th, 2017 at 7:26 am by    

This week James Bond bosses have ruled out Tom Hiddleston as the next 007 because they say, he’s “a bit too smug”. I couldn’t agree more!

The Night Manager actor had been the hot favourite to replace Daniel Craig in the iconic spy role so this must come as a big disappointment for the British star.

According to insiders, a string of “embarrassing” stunts seem to have cost him the job, 

A pal of Bond producer Barbara Broccoli revealed: “Barbara doesn’t like Tom, he’s a bit too smug and not tough enough for Bond.”

She was also apparently unimpressed with his fling with Taylor Swift and his Golden Globes acceptance speech.

There the star-studded audience cringed as the British actor told a story about aid workers in South Sudan had wanted to “say hello (to him) because they had binged-watched The Night Manager”.

Hiddleston later apologised that his speech was “inelegantly expressed” – but Broccoli’s pal said it had made him seem “too fame hungry and shallow” to play Bond.

But whoever takes over the 007 role may have to wait. Craig, who has starred in the last four Bond movies, is in talks with Broccoli about a fifth – despite earlier saying he would rather “slash my wrists” than reprise the role.

When asked who might take over, he also said: “Look, I don’t give a f***.”
But now Broccoli is said to have talked him into staying on as Bond after working with him on a recent New York stage production of Othello.

A source said: “They have a script and will go into production as soon as Daniel is ready to commit.”

Daniel is still my hot favorite to return to the role. I hope he does!

David Beckham Shocks Fans With Facial Scars and Rotting Teeth!

Posted on March 29th, 2017 at 7:54 am by    

David Beckham shocked his army of loyal fans earlier this week after posting a picture of his face showing deep jagged facial scars from his temple to his cheek and a set of rotting teeth. Oo-er!

Showing off his new teeth in the pic, the 41-year-old heartthrob famous for his good looks snarled away from the camera, clearly impressed with the lairy look.

He captioned the shot: “Rough day at the office @kingarthurmovie @guyritchie,” the father of four wrote of the snap, revealing massive makeup scarring on the side of his face, as well as a yellowing smile.

According to reports, the star will play a disgruntled knight who is unable to pull Excalibur from the stone.

The former soccer star turned actor debuted his drastic transformation for Guy Ritchie‘s upcoming film “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.”

Set to be released on May 22, “King Arthur” stars “Sons of Anarchy” alum Charlie Hunnam in the titular role and Jude Law as Ritchie recreates the classic tale for Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur. 

Beckham previously appeared in 2015’s “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.”

But the star previously admitted he’s expecting criticism over the role.

“I am very aware that many sportsmen and other celebrities have turned their hand to acting and failed,” he told the Times.

Details surrounding Beckham’s cameo are still unknown.

Sam Smith’s Music Comeback Finally Revealed!

Posted on March 29th, 2017 at 6:54 am by    

Oscar winning Brit Sam Smith may have all but vanished into obscurity over the past few years but he is just months away from an epic return after his management imposed hiatus.

The 24-year-old singing sensation has been on a very long break since winning an Oscar for the Best Original Song for James Bond theme tune The Writing’s On The Wall will release his long awaited second album armed with some new songs that are sure to break our hearts all over again this September before embarking on a mammoth world tour. Oo-er!

But The Lonely Hour star’s absence wasn’t due to his own accord, but instead a marketing ploy by his management.

“Sam is desperate to get back out there again,” a close source said.

“His album is due out at the end of September and he can’t wait.

“The initial plan was for him to take just a year out as his album sales were still great overseas but then his management asked him to take another year off.

“He wasn’t keen on the idea but understood why.”

Talking about the new record, they added: “He’s been working really hard and has more than enough tracks ready to go.

“It’s just going to be working out which songs make the final cut now.”

But that’s not all; the vocal powerhouse is apparently hitting the road.

“The tour is penciled in to kick off at the start of February 2018 and will take him all over the world,” the insider explained.

“Sam has found it really tough being away from music and just wants to be on stage again.”

A rep for Sam Smith has declined to comment on the story.