From Corrie to Hollywood… Marsden Transformed!

Posted on June 20th, 2009 at 7:55 am by         Comment (18 so far):

Matt Marsden1You must have clicked by now that my Blog mainly focuses on well known Brits in Tinseltown or British stars in the UK that have a connection to Hollywood…

So hopefully you’ll find this is an interesting one… Former Coronation Street star Matthew Marsden must be pinching himself these days when he looks back on the memory of those old cobbled streets of Weatherfield compared to his new life here in Los Angeles!

The actor seems set for worldwide success after landing a main role in the new summer blockbuster, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen – a far cry from the council estate he grew up on in West Bromwich, England.

Matt debuted in Corrie back in 1997 in the role of Chris Collins, when viewers saw him involved in a love affair with the character Sally Webster.

Since then after moving to America eight years ago and many-a chocolate dipped strawberry served up by scantily clad girls in skimpy bikinis at parties he attended while working the scene, Matt finally got his act together landing roles playing special forces men in Hollywood action films, from Black Hawk Down with Ewan McGregor to last year’s Rambo. In his latest role his soldier character Captain Graham rescues of one of the world’s sexiest women, Megan Fox, oo-er!

However, Matthew’s current success emulates that of British soap actor Craig Fairbrass, who starred opposite Stallone in Cliffhanger back in 1993. Fairbrass hyped himself up as the next big thing in Hollywood back then but failed miserably, only then to go back to television in the UK to star in Eastenders. Fairbrass now, according to his IMDb page, has a bunch of ‘B movies’ movies and an episodic of The Sarah Connor Chronicles under his belt… Not exactly the stuff of Hollywood superstardom!

And though generally not one to douse a happy tale in negative juice, I can’t resist to remind you that as someone who’s been in Tinseltown for many years, I can attest to how fickle it all is, especially knowing so many struggling actors who end up waiting tables!

But even though Marsden has a few embarrassing skeletons in his closet, like this rather naff pop video of a song he released a few years back entitled The Hearts Lone Desire, he is definitely on a roll working with some of the greats such as Michael Bay, I’m sure his success will supersede any attempts made by Craig Fairbrass and the likes of… I could possibly even see Marsden popping a few steroids and beefing up for the lead-role in the remake of Conan the Barbarian being directed by Marcus Nispel later this year… You never know… Oops did I say that?!

Share Button

18 Responses to 'From Corrie to Hollywood… Marsden Transformed!'

1. 1

This film looks awesome, he is so lucky to work opposite Megan Fox!

Billy Patrick — June 20, 2009 @ 8:09 am

2. 2

This is a great film and Matthew Marsden was great in it. Pure popcorn no brainer shit!

Jess Mills, London — June 20, 2009 @ 8:18 am

3. 3

Been a big fan forever, love him!

Cerys Dutton — June 20, 2009 @ 8:49 am

4. 4

I love Matthew’s work on Helen of Troy and I still remember his single.

Alex Vasili — June 20, 2009 @ 9:10 am

5. 5

How tacky is that pop video! Like you said, a far cry from the experiences this young man is having in his career now.

Conor Taylor, Tilbury — June 20, 2009 @ 9:41 am

6. 6

Cute and very talented… He’ll go all the way this one will!

Richard Stavkic — June 20, 2009 @ 10:14 am

7. 7

I am so happy to see James Marsden so so well. He is a great actor and a beauty!

Sarah Wilson, Lancashire — June 20, 2009 @ 10:35 am

8. 8

It’s so nice to see more Brits making it in Hollywood, I wish Matthew all the best.

Julie Perkins, E. London — June 20, 2009 @ 10:58 am

9. 9

I saw the film and thought it was so good. Matthew is hardly recognisable compared to his part in Coronation Street!

Lana Milic — June 20, 2009 @ 11:24 am

10. 10

Been a fan of Matthew’s for a long time. got hearts lone desire on cd in my car. my little boy even likes it. cant wait for transformers two. great role in ghost whisperer. fantastic. love him!

Krystle Eaton — June 20, 2009 @ 11:41 am

11. 11

Matthew Marsden es lo maximo el mas guapo de todo el universo

Brenda Perez Zela — June 20, 2009 @ 11:59 am

12. 12

Matthew is totally awesome! I love watching you and i cant wait to see you on Transformers 2!

Heather Mackey — June 20, 2009 @ 12:11 pm

13. 13

I loved The Hearts Lone Desire, it wasn’t embarrassing, Matthew can sing!

Keeley Stansfield — June 20, 2009 @ 12:12 pm

14. 14

I understand you,girls,I adoooooore this man….XD

Adrijana Zivanovic — June 20, 2009 @ 12:47 pm

15. 15

I also loved his pop song, but prefer him as this hunky soldier for sure!

Kelly Conway — June 20, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

16. 16

I am seeing Transformers next week in the US, I just YouTubed Matthew and saw his Coronation Street clips, what a great actor!

Kat Longwell — June 20, 2009 @ 2:38 pm

17. 17

[…] More: From Corrie to Hollywood… Marsden Transformed! | Sean Borg Goes LA! […]

Pingback From Corrie to Hollywood… Marsden Transformed! | Sean Borg Goes LA! | Latest Buzz — June 20, 2009 @ 8:35 pm

18. 18

[…] A Sex Oddity; a quirky, sex-orientated documentary' … Mail (will not be published) (required) …From Corrie to Hollywood… Marsden Transformed! | Sean Borg …You must have clicked by now that my Blog mainly focuses on well known Brits in Tinseltown or […]

Pingback richard fairbrass — April 2, 2010 @ 3:19 pm